Installation of OGA is demanded every time in "Microsoft Download Center" RRS feed

Answers

• Rumi_Ko,

To answer your question, no the design of the download center has not changed.  However, there may be some changes to where the activex installation location is which may be the case in this scenario.  I hope you were able to install the Office Add-in. 

Thank you for visiting the Office genuine advantage forum.

Lori MS

Lori MS
    • Marked as answer by Lori MS Monday, August 4, 2008 10:07 PM
    • Marked as answer by Stephen Holm Monday, August 4, 2008 10:07 PM
    Monday, August 4, 2008 7:08 PM

All replies

• Rumi_Ko,

To answer your question, no the design of the download center has not changed.  However, there may be some changes to where the activex installation location is which may be the case in this scenario.  I hope you were able to install the Office Add-in. 

Thank you for visiting the Office genuine advantage forum.

Lori MS

Lori MS
    • Marked as answer by Lori MS Monday, August 4, 2008 10:07 PM
    • Marked as answer by Stephen Holm Monday, August 4, 2008 10:07 PM
    Monday, August 4, 2008 7:08 PM
  • Thank you Lori !

I found the following description in below site. Maybe OGA is same.
    http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/downloads/FAQ.aspx?displaylang=en

--
    Q: Is genuine Windows validation a one-time process?
    A: We’ve designed validation to be as easy as possible. Validation itself just takes a moment. The lengthiest part of the process is downloading the ActiveX control that performs validation. The ActiveX control is downloaded on the first validation and when a new version is available from Microsoft. So, while it’s not a one-time process, it is still quick and easy.
    --

Once validation completed at Office 2007 templates and Office/Windows Update Services, the installation of ActiveX is not needed every time and allows me to access genuine Office/Windows downloads quickly.
    Is the installation of ActiveX needed for download from the Microsoft Download Center every time? Is this behavior caused by the change that you say?

- BackGround
    We prohibit installation of All ActiveX Control include with a signature by Domain policy. Therefore we already completed validation with LocalAdmin then distribute computer to user. We don't have any problem in download of Office 2007 templete and Office Update Services, but we are troubled in installation of ActiveX being necessary every time in Download center. Using of "legitcheck.hta" also prohibit.

Rumi_Ko
    Wednesday, August 6, 2008 2:16 AM