Microsoft Synchronization Services for ADO.NET & SQL Express w/Adv Services RRS feed

• Question

• Will the Microsoft Synchronization Services for ADO.NET work with SQL Express w/Advance Services?
    • Moved by Max Wang_1983 Friday, April 22, 2011 10:46 PM forum consolidation (From:SyncFx - Microsoft Sync Framework Database Providers [ReadOnly])
    Monday, May 21, 2007 2:49 PM

Answers

• Guys,

Your feedback is taken very seriously and I am mobilizing the team to prioritize this work. I will get back to you with any timelines once it is available.

Thanks 

Thursday, May 24, 2007 4:37 PM

All replies

• Hi,

The ServerSyncProvider works with express. The ClientSyncProvider we released so far is only for SqlCE. In the future, we are looking at supporting SQL Express as the client.

Thanks

Monday, May 21, 2007 5:33 PM
  • Do you habe any time when you think the client side sync will be supported?
    Monday, May 21, 2007 5:53 PM
  •  

I don't have exact time for this. What we are thinking about is to release a sample that shows how to build client provider for SQL Express.

Thanks!

Tuesday, May 22, 2007 3:15 PM
  • We are looking to syncronize about 700 SQL Express DB to a central site via the web.  We have a service that we are have developed using RMO.  We would be interested in speaking with you directly to duscuss several issues/concerns.  If you are willing please contact me via e-mail at wenyonk@msn.com it is hard to find someone at MS who can help with this subject.
    Tuesday, May 22, 2007 3:35 PM
  • Hey Rafik, sorry to be pushy but any idea on the timeframe for either the sample or actual provider.  we're just deciding whether to utilize the synch services at the moment.

Cheers

Thursday, May 24, 2007 2:14 AM
  • Guys,

Your feedback is taken very seriously and I am mobilizing the team to prioritize this work. I will get back to you with any timelines once it is available.

Thanks 

Thursday, May 24, 2007 4:37 PM
  • Hi Rafik,

I am pretty much in the same boat as some of the other guys. We are building a product that is going to be using SQL Express as the client database and it will be Synching with SQL.

We already have about 120 sites that are going to use our product and would love to use Sync Services.

Sorry to be asking this question again but do you have an estimate of when we can expect anything for SQL Express Clients? (Sample code or the Real thing)

Thanks again,

Matt

Saturday, September 1, 2007 11:48 PM