Importing customization RRS feed

• Question

• I have imported my customization for an account entity from development server to production. After a while I made a modifiation in the development side , removed some custome attributes added a new ones I made quite a few changes here and there (I cleaned up all ald attributes). I publish and exported and imported the new account entiity to production side the imort is OK but now the second time I made changes in dev and tried to import it to production I get "Account Entity failed , SQL server error ..." I exported the account entity from both server and when I compare the 2 account.xml file I see that the old attributes I had originaly still exist in production but not the dev server. is that what cause the error ? the old attribute stil exist ? please help
    Friday, March 4, 2011 10:32 PM

Answers

• Hi

CRM import customisation is comulative process. It can import new attributes or relationships, form changes etc but it won't delete attributes or relationships.

Import customisation can also cause a problem if you try to import the existing attribute with different datatype.

I hope it helps.

Amreek singh Senior CRM Consultant CDC Praxa Sydney, Australia http://mscrmshop.blogspot.com
    Saturday, March 5, 2011 10:59 AM

All replies

• I am working on CRM 4.0 SQL server 2008
    • Proposed as answer by Amreek Singh Saturday, March 5, 2011 10:54 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by Amreek Singh Saturday, March 5, 2011 10:55 AM
    Friday, March 4, 2011 10:33 PM
  • Hi

CRM import customisation is comulative process. It can import new attributes or relationships, form changes etc but it won't delete attributes or relationships.

Import customisation can also cause a problem if you try to import the existing attribute with different datatype.

I hope it helps.

Amreek singh Senior CRM Consultant CDC Praxa Sydney, Australia http://mscrmshop.blogspot.com
    Saturday, March 5, 2011 10:59 AM