Asp date control / Custom date control in CRM 2013 form. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

We have a requirement to create a custom date and time control in Asp and show it in the CRM form, the reason why we are looking for the custom control is to keep a different format of date and time which is currently not available in CRM

for Ex. We have a "create on" field in the lead entity, on selecting the CRM date picker it would show 12/5/2014, but using the ASP control on the form it would show 05 Dec 2014.

Is any 1 tried this/ Any suggestion to do this.

Regards,

Rekha.J

Monday, December 8, 2014 5:33 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Any help on this or is there a way to show long date format in the OOB date field itself.

Regards,

Rekha.J

Monday, December 8, 2014 12:59 PM
  • you need to create an HTML web resource for this.

you will put the html web resource inside the form, the web resource will contain a date picker that will display the date in your format and after set (if the field is not read-only) the right value for the field (as javascript datetime object)

My blog: www.crmanswers.net - Rockstar 365 Profile

Monday, December 8, 2014 2:05 PM
  • Hi,

You have asked to create HTML and Javascript web resources for those date fields, in that case we have some 4 to 5 date fields in the each entity, so calling couple of times the script will that not make system slow. Is this the only way we can achieve this?

Regards,

Rekha.J

Tuesday, December 9, 2014 5:08 AM
  • a datepicker script replicated for 4/5 fields will not make the form slower.Dynamics CRM forms load already ton of javascript.

As far as I know this is the only supported way. You can go with unsupported javascript (aka modify the DOM directly) but it's not the suggested way, especially when there is a supported alternative.

Tuesday, December 9, 2014 5:50 AM
  • Okay. Thank you, So when we create a control how to place/embed the html control in a specific section of the existing entity like lead , opportunity etc.

Regards,

Rekha.J

Tuesday, December 9, 2014 6:25 AM
  • Okay. Thank you, So when we create a control how to place/embed the html control in a specific section of the existing entity like lead , opportunity etc.

Regards,

Rekha.J

you will create an HTML web resource and after place in the form using the form editor and insert html web resource

Tuesday, December 9, 2014 7:19 AM