Extra Large print fonts RRS feed

• Question

• I recently installed Live One on my notebook and desktop that has a wireless printed connected to the desktop with a USB cable. My notebook, before installing Live One connected to the printer wirelessly without any problems for the past year. Now when I try to print from the notebook a simple one page Word Document will be 12 pages long on the printer with the fonts at least 48. How do I get my notebook to go back and print normally?

Tuesday, November 18, 2008 12:46 AM

Answers

• Perhaps OneCare has shared the printer and you now have an extra, incorrect instance of the printer.

On the desktop, open OneCare and click on change settings and then the Printer Sharing tab. Uncheck the "automatically share..." option. Close OneCare.

Go to the laptop and make sure you only see the printer listed once. If there are two listings, you'll need to determine which is the original and which is the new one added by OneCare for Sharing. Try printing to both entries, if there are two, and delete the one that prints incorrectly.

If that doesn't resolve it, I'm afraid that my original advice stands or contact OneCare support for help.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Friday, November 21, 2008 3:04 AM

All replies

• I would recommend remove the printer from the laptop via Control Panel/Printer and then adding it back via "add printer" or using OneCare to share the printer from the desktop and then accepting the shared printer detected by the laptop OneCare.

It seems that the driver for the printer on the laptop is messed up, causing it to send incorrect format instructions to the printer.

-steve

Tuesday, November 18, 2008 1:32 AM
  • Thank you for the suggestion. I would certainly like to try anything else but having to remove the printer. The HP all-in-one printer is a bear to properly install. It some times takes hours and then it takes the assistance of HP help. Are there any other alternatives?

Friday, November 21, 2008 2:50 AM
  • Perhaps OneCare has shared the printer and you now have an extra, incorrect instance of the printer.

On the desktop, open OneCare and click on change settings and then the Printer Sharing tab. Uncheck the "automatically share..." option. Close OneCare.

Go to the laptop and make sure you only see the printer listed once. If there are two listings, you'll need to determine which is the original and which is the new one added by OneCare for Sharing. Try printing to both entries, if there are two, and delete the one that prints incorrectly.

If that doesn't resolve it, I'm afraid that my original advice stands or contact OneCare support for help.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Friday, November 21, 2008 3:04 AM
  • Thanks for all of your help. I finally took your first suggestion and removed the printer and all of the drivers. Did a complete reinstall (took couple of hours for the HP all-in-one) and it is working. The problem was created when I installed Windows Live One Care and it asked me if I wanted to share the printer. From then on all I had was problems. Thanks again for your help.

Thursday, November 27, 2008 2:10 AM
  • Thanks for reporting the solution back. It seems that OneCare may have installed an incorrect printer driver for your printer.

-steve

Sunday, November 30, 2008 9:04 PM