How to bind Combobox column ItemsSource depend on other Combobox column in DataGrid ? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I use EFW and domain service in my application. I have a datagrid that content of City and Town combobox columns as below.

<DataTemplate>
          <ComboBox DisplayMemberPath="CityName" x:Name="ComboBoxCity"
                             SelectedValue="{Binding City_Id}"
                             SelectedValuePath="City_Id" ItemsSource="{Binding Data, Source={StaticResource cityDataSource}}">
          </ComboBox>
    </DataTemplate>

<DataTemplate>
          <ComboBox DisplayMemberPath="TownName"
                             SelectedValue="{Binding Town_Id}"
                             SelectedValuePath="Town_Id"    ItemsSource="??????">
          </ComboBox>
    </DataTemplate>

There is an association between City and Town entity relation on city_id. If I change City combobox selected Item then Town ItemsSource should change automatically in the same row. I try to cityDataSource.townDataSource and ElementName=ComboBoxCity, Path=Data.Towns, but It doesn't work.

How can i do this. ? Please advise me. Thanks..

Coban
    • Moved by Jackie-Sun Friday, March 11, 2011 8:56 AM (From:ADO.NET Entity Framework and LINQ to Entities)
    Thursday, March 10, 2011 12:09 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Try to bind the Town Combo's ItemsSource to ComboBoxCity.SelectedItem.Towns by doing something like this: ItemsSource="{Binding SelectedItem.Towns, ElementName=ComboBoxCity}".

If this doesn't work I suggest you to post the question at the WPF forum (http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/wpf/threads) since your problem is related to binding in WPF, and there probably is more persons there that can help you with this than here.

Hope this helps!

--Rune
    Thursday, March 10, 2011 9:23 PM
  • Thanks for your reply Rune. I try to your suggestion but It doesn't work. I post this question at the WPF forum. thanks again..

Coban
    Friday, March 11, 2011 7:14 AM