How do I install WHS Disk Management Add_In? RRS feed

• Question

• I downloaded WHSDiskManagement.msi and copied it to the \??????server\Software\Home Server Add-Ins folder.  I then went to the WHS Console and Selected Server Storage at the top of the window and then selected Add-ins along the left side of the window - it shows no Add-ins installed (correct) and no Add-ins available to install(?).  I know I am missing the obvious but help me out - where should I have put the Add-In so that is will show up so I can install it?
    Wednesday, October 14, 2009 9:10 PM

Answers

• For some reason I must have renamed the Add-Ins forlder to Home Server Add-Ins!  I created an Add-Ins folder and put the .msi file in it.  No luck until I restarted the console then everything was as it should be.  Thanks for the quick response.  I'm off and running.
    • Marked as answer by Ken429 Wednesday, October 14, 2009 9:34 PM
    Wednesday, October 14, 2009 9:31 PM

All replies

• It should just be the folder \\Server\Software\Add-Ins
    Wednesday, October 14, 2009 9:14 PM
  • For some reason I must have renamed the Add-Ins forlder to Home Server Add-Ins!  I created an Add-Ins folder and put the .msi file in it.  No luck until I restarted the console then everything was as it should be.  Thanks for the quick response.  I'm off and running.
    • Marked as answer by Ken429 Wednesday, October 14, 2009 9:34 PM
    Wednesday, October 14, 2009 9:31 PM