none
Access 2007 doubts... RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hello everybody,

I took "Using access 2007" exam with certiport and failed. There were some questions that took me by surprise, if someone can help me with that I'll be happy because I haven't been able to get the answers yet:

- filter a table every time it's opened

-remove a table in a relationship in a query

-set field to allow zero length string

-attach an outlook contact

That's what I remember, you only have 50 minutes...

Thanks.

Sunday, February 27, 2011 3:10 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Sorry to hear you failed the exam. This goes to show that these are serious exams.  Regarding your doubts there are some questions you should know like question 2 and 3 these are basic Access knowledge questions. Think table design and properties here. As to the first one think properties in the ribbon when in tabledesign. This is actually a tricky one because if you forget this one your table will always be filtered. In the properties section you'll find and option called "Filter on opening" that's the option you are looking for.

Attaching an outlook contact? How au the attachment field and looking at the options which show up when looking at the paperclip?

So practice and give it another try, i'm sure the second time you'll get it ;-)

Maurice

Maurice
    Sunday, February 27, 2011 10:21 PM
  • Maurice,

The suggestions that you gave me are very helpful, thanks for that. The only thing that I still dont get it is attaching an outlook contact, I checked every windows and dont see it...

:-[

Abdel

Wednesday, March 2, 2011 12:35 AM
  • There are some courses, for 4 different levels at TrainIT4Less. Maybe a training can help http://www.trainit4less.com/Pages/productdetail.aspx?p=469

Good luck,

Matilda

Thursday, March 3, 2011 12:18 PM
  • Hi Abdel,

This is tricky because if i tell you how this is done in the examquestion i would violate the NDA and that's not what i want to do. It might not be the easiest question in the exam so focus on the ones you do know.

Sorry that i can't be more specific on this question for obvious reasons. 

Maurice
    Thursday, March 3, 2011 1:21 PM
  • and of course, chances are the same questions won't come up from the pool next time, although of course they might so you do need to know your material
    Thursday, March 3, 2011 1:46 PM
  • Just to tell you that I passed the access test today.

Thanks.

Sunday, March 6, 2011 2:15 AM
  • Hi Abdel,

Congrats man, somehow i knew you would be able to pass this exam. On to the next one :-)

Maurice
    Sunday, March 6, 2011 10:23 PM