Learning & Certification guidance required RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Guru's,

I am new to Microsoft Technologies transitioned from Oracle Technologies having considerable programming experience.

I am planning to learn various concepts of C#.Net, SQL Server etc and go for Certification.

Can anyone suggest Learning Path & Necessary Certification Path

Regards

Wednesday, December 12, 2012 7:32 AM

Answers

All replies

• No one certification path covers all the technologies you're interested in, therefore I will provide you with some links so that you can review which path you'd like to tackle first.  Once you've decided, please post addition questions/clarification points.

SQL Server: http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/sql-certification.aspx

Visual Studio/.Net Certification: http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/visual-studio-certification.aspx

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

Jeff Wharton
    MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt), MCT, MCPD, MCSD, MCITP, MCDBA
    Blog: Mr. Wharty's Ramblings
    Twitter: @Mr_Wharty
    MC ID: Microsoft Transcript

Wednesday, December 12, 2012 11:02 AM
  • Thanks Jeff.

I require details regarding Visual Studio/.Net Certification Path. Which one to start with and then what to continue till Advanced Certification.

Regards

• Edited by .NewBie Wednesday, December 12, 2012 11:31 AM
    Wednesday, December 12, 2012 11:30 AM
  • Then the biggest decisions you've got are:

What version: 2010 or 2012

What Development Type: Web, Windows Forms, Windows Store.

Each of these have their own certification and learning path, all of which can be found at http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/visual-studio-certification.aspx

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

Jeff Wharton

• Marked as answer by .NewBie Wednesday, December 12, 2012 12:03 PM
    Wednesday, December 12, 2012 11:39 AM
  • Thanks Jeff.

My project requires Visual Studio 2010 Web Application. Since I am new to Microsoft Technologies First I need to takeup MTA and then go for MCSD. First I will learn the concepts and appear for MTA.

Thanks for sharing the link where I found the details of necessary Certification Path.

Regards,

Wednesday, December 12, 2012 12:03 PM
  • Thanks Jeff.

My project requires Visual Studio 2010 Web Application. Since I am new to Microsoft Technologies First I need to takeup MTA and then go for MCSD. First I will learn the concepts and appear for MTA.

Thanks for sharing the link where I found the details of necessary Certification Path.

Regards,

Yes that would also be a great path to take (I always forget about the MTA)

Jeff Wharton

Wednesday, December 12, 2012 12:04 PM