CRM 2011 on virtual machine, registration tool problem RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have crm 2011 installed on virtual machine, and it works fine. But I cannot connect to it with plugin registration tool, I am running the tool from the same virtual machine and using the following discovery URL: http://localhost:5555, I get the following error every time:

Unhandled Exception: System.ServiceModel.FaultException: The server was unable to process the request due to an internal error.  For more information about the error, either turn on IncludeExceptionDetailInFaults (either from ServiceBehaviorAttribute or from the <serviceDebug> configuration behavior) on the server in order to send the exception information back to the client, or turn on tracing as per the Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0 SDK documentation and inspect the server trace logs.

Server stack trace:
       at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.ThrowIfFaultUnderstood(Message reply, MessageFault fault, String action, MessageVersion version, FaultConverter faultConverter)
       at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.HandleReply(ProxyOperationRuntime operation, ProxyRpc& rpc)
       at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.Call(String action, Boolean oneway, ProxyOperationRuntime operation, Object[] ins, Object[] outs, TimeSpan timeout)
       at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.InvokeService(IMethodCallMessage methodCall, ProxyOperationRuntime operation)
       at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.Invoke(IMessage message)

Exception rethrown at [0]:
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
       at Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk.Discovery.IDiscoveryService.Execute(DiscoveryRequest request)
       at Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk.Client.DiscoveryServiceProxy.Execute(DiscoveryRequest request)
       at PluginRegistrationTool.CrmConnection.RetrieveOrganizations() in C:\Program Files\CRM SDK\sdk\tools\pluginregistration\CrmConnection.cs:line 315
       at PluginRegistrationTool.ConnectionsForm.OpenConnection(CrmConnection con) in C:\Program Files\CRM SDK\sdk\tools\pluginregistration\ConnectionsForm.cs:line 940

Does anybody know the reason? Also, where exactly to "turn on IncludeExceptionDetailInFaults (either from ServiceBehaviorAttribute or from the <serviceDebug> configuration behavior)"?

Thank you in advance

Tuesday, August 21, 2012 4:44 PM

Answers

• Thanks everyone for your help, I have found a solution - the user that I was using for accessing crm was not an administrator on the machine, when i tried admin credentials in plugin registration tool it worked.

It would save me a lot of time of course if the error message from crm contained something about authorization or permissions.

• Edited by Taras K. _ Wednesday, August 22, 2012 4:33 PM
    • Marked as answer by Taras K. _ Wednesday, August 22, 2012 4:34 PM
    Wednesday, August 22, 2012 4:33 PM

All replies

• Is the Windows Identity Framework installed on your VM?

Jason Lattimer

Tuesday, August 21, 2012 5:43 PM
  • Yes, it is
    Wednesday, August 22, 2012 7:49 AM
  • Anything logged in the event viewer?
    Wednesday, August 22, 2012 8:28 AM
  • Hi,

Is the Plugin Registration tool exe file is build in release mode

Instead of localhost ,try domain name

I hope this helps. If my response answered your question, please mark the response as an answer and also vote as helpful. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Jhansi

Wednesday, August 22, 2012 8:29 AM
  • Thanks everyone for your help, I have found a solution - the user that I was using for accessing crm was not an administrator on the machine, when i tried admin credentials in plugin registration tool it worked.

It would save me a lot of time of course if the error message from crm contained something about authorization or permissions.

• Edited by Taras K. _ Wednesday, August 22, 2012 4:33 PM
    • Marked as answer by Taras K. _ Wednesday, August 22, 2012 4:34 PM
    Wednesday, August 22, 2012 4:33 PM