Microsoft Golf 3.0 Compatibility With Windows 7 on a 64 bit machine RRS feed

• Question

• Has anybody discovered a way to run the MS Golf 3.0 game on a 64 bit machine?  I've tried the compatibility feature but it still won't run.

• Moved by Shrikant Maske Wednesday, March 3, 2010 12:10 AM Moving from MSDN and TechNet Search Feedback (From:MSDN and TechNet Search Feedback)
    Monday, March 1, 2010 7:31 PM

Answers

• Thank you, Shrikant for the suggestion.  I was actually able to finally make the game work by installing a virtual machine and loading XP onto it, then installing the game on the virtual machine.  The owner of the game and machine was still very uncomfortable with Windows 7 as his main operating system and ultimately donated the 64 bit machine to the office and went out and bought a new 32 bit system.
    • Marked as answer by Fonz848 Saturday, May 1, 2010 5:30 AM
    Saturday, May 1, 2010 5:30 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thank you for your post!  I would suggest posting your question in one of the MS Forum,

Windows Client TechCenter > Windows 7 IT Pro Forums

located here:  http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/category/w7itpro

Have a great day!

Shrikant Maske Tier 2 Application Support Server and Tools Online Operations Team
    • Proposed as answer by Shrikant Maske Wednesday, March 3, 2010 12:10 AM
    • Marked as answer by Fonz848 Saturday, May 1, 2010 5:24 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Fonz848 Saturday, May 1, 2010 5:24 AM
    Wednesday, March 3, 2010 12:10 AM
  • Thank you, Shrikant for the suggestion.  I was actually able to finally make the game work by installing a virtual machine and loading XP onto it, then installing the game on the virtual machine.  The owner of the game and machine was still very uncomfortable with Windows 7 as his main operating system and ultimately donated the 64 bit machine to the office and went out and bought a new 32 bit system.
    • Marked as answer by Fonz848 Saturday, May 1, 2010 5:30 AM
    Saturday, May 1, 2010 5:30 AM