locked
Windows Home server disconnects, knocks off network traffic RRS feed

  • Question

  • I have installed several servers and clients, but this one has me beat.  This one particular machine was rebooted during it's initial backup, and now, I can't get it to complete any backup.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled the client, I have removed the machine from the home server and rebooted both.  The home server recognizes it as a new machine when I add it back.  I have also ran a chkdsk /f /r and it found no errors.  I ran a defrag, just in case, and nothing.  When it goes to backup on an initial install, it get's to anywhere from 46% - 49% then the connector disconnects, and the laptop loses network connectivity.  When I reboot, and try to back it up again, it gets to 36% everytime and disconnects from the server, and shuts off network connectivity to the client.  Also, there are 3 other clients that connect to this server, with no problems during the backup process.

     

    Any ideas anyone?

    Tuesday, April 13, 2010 5:52 PM

All replies

  • What is your NIC? Have you tried getting the latest driver for it?
    Tuesday, April 13, 2010 8:30 PM
  • It's a Broadcom 57XX Integrated controller.  Yes, I downloaded the latest drivers.  Doesn't seem to help.

     

    Thursday, April 15, 2010 1:28 PM
  • Are you able to find any info regarding what is causing this in the event viewer or the backup logs?
    Friday, April 16, 2010 10:54 AM
  • hi all,

     

    i have seen more post about this topic. for some reasen this behavior started a few months ago. i had the same. i tried all,

    • re install the nic
    • install different nic
    • re install acoount
    • remove and install HD
    • enz...

    the last thing i did was remove the addin diskmanager 2 weeks ago and the problem seems gone!!!!!

    Saturday, April 17, 2010 6:40 AM
  • nothing in either of these logs
    Wednesday, April 21, 2010 9:35 PM
  • I am going to try this.  I will let you know what I find out.  It may be a while before I can get to it.
    Wednesday, April 21, 2010 9:36 PM
  • as of right now, it seems to have solved my issues by removing the Disk management addin (v 1.0.9.8).

    Will report back if the problem comes back.

     

    Edit: no, did not help. Problem remains

    Thursday, April 22, 2010 7:46 PM