Either the file could not be uploaded, or this is not a valid Customization file RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I'm getting this error when I try to upload my CRM 3.0 customizations into another test server for Import

Either the file could not be uploaded, or this is not a valid Customization file.

I did not have a problem uploading customization files the day before, or anytime in the past (I've been using this test server for over a year-and-a-half).

I am migrating from CRM 3 to CRM 3. It's nothing to do with CRM 4.

Could you advise what could be the problem?

Thanks in advance.

[Afternote: My apologies, I realize I should have posted this under CRM Deployment.]

Friday, August 22, 2008 1:13 AM

Answers

• Hi,

I was also facing hte same issue for opportunity customization. I enabled the trace in CRM 4.0 using CrmDiagTool4.exe and found that there was one attribute which was not supported. I removed that attribute from customization and it got resolved.

Thanks.
    Sunil Sharma

Sunil Sharma,Software Developer, CyberTech Systems and Softwares Ltd.
    Wednesday, April 29, 2009 10:49 AM

All replies

• Have you installed the latest rollup packs? if not, install, export then re-import.

Otherwise there is something wrong with the customization file.

Sunday, August 24, 2008 2:02 PM
  • Hi I am getting "Either the file could not be uploaded, or this is not a valid Customization file"

This is when I migrate code from DEV to Prod.

The file was tested in UAT, but it failes in prod.

All three systems are CRM 4.0 UR1.

I am afraid that the production issue is because the change is too big (we release from dev to UAT often but from Dev to production rarly).

Thursday, January 29, 2009 7:15 AM
  • We had the same issue on one of our clients implementation.

The way i got around this is by

- applied rollup patch 1.
    - changing the <httpRuntime> tag's filesize to more then 25 MB in web.config file.
    - exported customisations in small chunks of few entities e.g. entity names starting with A-to-D, E-to-P etc...
    - and finally excluded ISV.Config from exporting customisations (I think this is the one that caused the error for me)

MSCRM 3.0 Developer
    • Proposed as answer by Sunilsharma Wednesday, April 29, 2009 1:01 PM
    Tuesday, February 10, 2009 5:14 PM
  • Hi,

I was also facing hte same issue for opportunity customization. I enabled the trace in CRM 4.0 using CrmDiagTool4.exe and found that there was one attribute which was not supported. I removed that attribute from customization and it got resolved.

Thanks.
    Sunil Sharma

Sunil Sharma,Software Developer, CyberTech Systems and Softwares Ltd.
    Wednesday, April 29, 2009 10:49 AM
  • Hi
    i experienced the same issue when establishing a new developing environment.

First i tried to import a full export from production. Failed with error message "Either the file could not be uploaded, or this is not a valid Customization file"
    Second i cut down number of entites, workflows, sitemap and isvconfig. Failed again with same error message.
    Third i cut down an entity at a time. Same Error message until i only had 27 entities. All activity related entites was kept out and i could upload and import correct.
    I tried to modify the numbers of entities and added one at a time. At the number of 32 it failed again. Changed the last added entity to another one and now it could import again.

Seem as there are some issues regarding the filesize. I noticed that using VS2008 as editor for the exported xml file gave an error when opening the file for editing:
    "Document contains one or more extremely long lines of text. These lines will cause the editor to respond slowly when you open the file. Do you still want to open the file?"
    By first sight no line were extremely long, but the file it self was large. And xml might be styled accordingly to the xsd for xml. Might be a limit for the number of characters in the file?

BR
    B
    Friday, June 5, 2009 2:08 PM