Is this valid software RRS feed

• Question

• Hi think I maybe in the same boat purchased a copy and was just searching online for the origin of my purchase as it has a sticker on "Ingram micro" when I came across this post. I am in the process of upgrading my PC and operating system but am yet to purchase the hard ware on reading these posts I am now reluctant to attempt to install from the supplied software.

Packaging has Ingram Micro sticker VP# GLC-0181 116W870 WIN ULT 7 English ROW DVD

Certificate of Authnticity on outer package

Top Left Bar Code 99994-658-410-220     X15-29510

Top Right Bar Code  8   82224 88562   1

BTS--2715006-MS|N

MADE IN USA             SKU-GLC-00181

Could you please advise if this is a working set or blocked

I'm located in Uk
    Tuesday, January 11, 2011 10:13 PM

Answers

• Unfortunately, packaging labeling tells us nothing about the Windows 7 license within the package.  In order to determine if the license is genuine or not, it has to be installed on a computer, then run the Microsoft Genuine Advantage Diagnostics Tool and post the results.
    Carey Frisch
    Tuesday, January 11, 2011 10:28 PM

All replies

• Unfortunately, packaging labeling tells us nothing about the Windows 7 license within the package.  In order to determine if the license is genuine or not, it has to be installed on a computer, then run the Microsoft Genuine Advantage Diagnostics Tool and post the results.
    Carey Frisch
    Tuesday, January 11, 2011 10:28 PM
  • The reason packing labels don't do us much good is because if it is a forgery, the pirates can print whatever they want on the package.

Darin MS
    Tuesday, January 11, 2011 11:18 PM
  • No reply from the Original Poster.

Issue is assumed to be resolved.

Darin MS
    Friday, January 14, 2011 8:54 PM