Need Live Mesh to forget a password RRS feed

• Question

• I've been using Live Mesh but am going to be doing some traveling and possibly some laptop sharing.  Until now I've used the "remember my password" option because my laptop was physically secure.  I'm going to stop using that option, but I'd rather have Live Mesh forget whatever it has stored for a password.  (Requiring a full sign-in when it starts.)

Simply de-selecting "remember my password" doesn't work.  Re-selecting it brings back the password.

Where can I wipe out that password?
    Friday, February 19, 2010 2:36 PM

Answers

• Strange, but I think I figured it out.
    Uncheck all of the boxes, including remember me.
    Sign in.
    Sign out.
    Your login information should now be blank and entering your LiveID will not populate the password field.
    Personally, though, I'd be looking at beefing up your Windows Login to prevent access to the PC completely and leave Live Mesh as it is, logging in automatically and remembering your details. When you walk away from the PC, lock Windows so that nobody has access to the PC.
    -steve
    ~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Monday, February 22, 2010 1:43 PM

All replies

• Strange, but I think I figured it out.
    Uncheck all of the boxes, including remember me.
    Sign in.
    Sign out.
    Your login information should now be blank and entering your LiveID will not populate the password field.
    Personally, though, I'd be looking at beefing up your Windows Login to prevent access to the PC completely and leave Live Mesh as it is, logging in automatically and remembering your details. When you walk away from the PC, lock Windows so that nobody has access to the PC.
    -steve
    ~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Monday, February 22, 2010 1:43 PM
  • Similar question sort of: I'd like to DISABLE live mesh but am on a Mac. I can't figure out how. Are there preference files to remove somewhere? Auto-log in files? 

Thanks,

JIP
    Thursday, March 18, 2010 12:42 AM
  • I don't have any experience with the Mac version. What are you actually trying to do? You want to keep Live Mesh installed, but you don't want it to run?
    Check the post in this thread, http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en/LiveMesh/thread/219507bf-9a8a-47b7-bef1-f80f17c7c49f, from October 24th by JSL_NC. It may provide a clue on what you need...

-steve
    Thursday, March 18, 2010 12:29 PM