I have a better question. How do i make the windows pop-up stop? RRS feed

• Question

• I bought a computer.  It came with Vista.  It was a beautiful sunny thursday.

A couple of months have passed in relative bliss.  I downloaded a game that I enjoy to play.

Now every time i play it i keep getting pop-ups telling me that my copy of Vista is no longer genuine.  (most likely on account of the new software, which worked perfectly on XP)  I've tried the validation process and failed etc. etc.

Now bear in mind that i dont CARE if i have a valid copy and forfeit tech support or whatever else.  I just want to play my game without constant pop ups from WINDOWS telling me that I need to un-install my game.  What can I do?  Either to validate my copy (which is valid) or make my own computer cease its incessant bothering of my while I play my games.

Ty in advance!

-FD

Sunday, April 8, 2007 6:59 AM

Answers

All replies

•  

You should first save ALL YOUR FILES from your ungenuine Windows by USB or burning it on CD. Go to the computer store where you bought the computer and ask for genuine Vista or download it off Windows Marketplace. For the game, you DOWNLOADED it, which means there may be a virus attached to it (unless you got it from Windows Marketplace). Microsoft gives you virus-free games to download and enjoy, they now even offer Windows Vista downloads which are GENUINE.

Sunday, November 18, 2007 2:16 AM
  • Please visit http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/ and click on Validate Windows.  Afterward, please restart your computer.

• Marked as answer by Carl-S Tuesday, October 7, 2008 3:28 PM
    Sunday, November 18, 2007 2:51 AM