none
Even no restriction I can’t run my favorite program at startup RRS feed

• Question

• After created an unlocked shared user on Drive D (non-system drive) and set the user profile no restriction I turned on Windows Disk Protection. I use this shared user for my daily work but I found I can’t set the startup program and the vista-welcome-center popup every time. I tried to modify HKCU/Software/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/Run, but the system didn’t allow any change. How I can disable this restriction?

Saturday, January 15, 2011 5:12 AM

Answers

• Hi,

According to your description, I suggest to perform these steps to troubleshoot the issue:

1 turn off Windows Disk Protection

2 Go to User Settings and click the user, set both “Windows restrictions” and “Feature restrictions” to “No restrictions”

3 In General tab, remove the option of “Lock profile to prevent the user form making permanent changes”

4 Click “Ok”

If the issue persists, recreate a user in Windows SteadyState to see if the same issue occurs.

Furthermore, you can reinstall Windows SteadyState for test.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Leo   Huang

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Monday, January 17, 2011 3:35 AM