Client Backup Contains More Than I Selected RRS feed

• Question

• I want to back up the "My Documents" folders on each of my client computers. I'm not interested in backing up anything else. As a test, I tried performing a backup of one client but WHS also backed up files in the root of the client drive. Also, it backed up system files/drivers. This has resulted in a back up twice the size of the "My Docs" folder.

I suppose I could move files from the root to a folder but how can I exclude system/driver files from being backed up?

Hope someone can advise.

Regards
    Saturday, December 17, 2011 8:45 PM

All replies

• Choose "Customize backup for the computer" in the Dashboard "Computers and Backup" tab. Then select "Add or remove backup items" after which you should be able to select exactly what gets backed up.

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.
    Sunday, December 18, 2011 12:32 AM
  • Well, that's just it....I de-selected everything except the one folder I want to back up but WHS also backed up files in the root of the drive and also system files. For info, the client PC stores its My Docs folder on a separate hard drive to the system drive. The drive is partitioned and the My Docs folder resides on the D: drive.
    Sunday, December 18, 2011 10:13 PM