How to Access Website in CRM using Asp.net without registering in windows azure? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Experts,

I have imported Customer portal solution into Crm Organization(on premises) which contain Webpages and snippets. How to access that Customer portal Website as Portal using asp.net with out registering in windows azure. 

Thanks and regards

E V Krishna 

Wednesday, December 4, 2013 12:03 PM

All replies

• You need to set up your own IIS website (either on the CRM server, or on another server) and put all the actual portal code in there. Then you need to update the web.config files to point to your local CRM system so the portal knows where to navigate to. Finally, you need to set up your company firewall and DNS to allow that web server with the Portal code on it to be seen by the outside world.

You're basically setting up a website like any other, except that you need to configure it to access the CRM server.

The postings on this site are solely my own and do not represent or constitute Hitachi Solutions' positions, views, strategies or opinions.

Wednesday, December 4, 2013 1:45 PM
  • Hi,

I did setup the same way as you explained in last thread ,i removed all configuration elements related windows azure and live Id s ,still iam getting 500.19 error in IIS and  in web.config the schema names for microsoft.xrm.portal and contexts other elements not found error I got.how can I fix those things if u deploy in IIS (CustomerPortal),would you suggest changes that  can run the portalsite in IIS.

I changed the web.config as follows screen shot.. I got the following errors .please suggest

Thanks and regards

muralikrishna

Thursday, December 5, 2013 4:45 AM
  • for that you need to deploy website server and change webconfig

check this blog to access customer portal in online

http://kellyhoang.blogspot.in/2013/01/crm-2011-on-premise-customer-portal.html

http://a33ik.blogspot.in/2013/01/customer-portal-switching.html

if you need more info search on onpremise customer portal 

ms crm

Thursday, December 5, 2013 5:31 AM