RDL Reports in CRM RRS feed

• Question

• 1. Is it possible to open a report in CRM 4.0 that comes from a different dataset (for example data from Navision)?
    2. Can I have pre-filters? (If no, any other kind of filters?)
    3. How do I do this?

This is how I think I should do it but I have no idea really so I would like your advice: For example I create a .rdl report in visual studio and choose a dataset from my NAV (so the data comes from the SQL Server). I then import the .rdl file in CRM and add a default filter. That would be my ideal scenario. Unfortunately I don't really have experience with this so any help can be greatly appreciated.
    Wednesday, April 8, 2009 3:42 PM

Answers

• Hi,

You can run a report from CRM Reports using different dataset however, pre-filters will only work for CRM dataset.

Good Luck!
    Wednesday, April 8, 2009 4:17 PM
  • When you add a new report to CRM, one of the options is to "Link to a Web Page" (as opposed to uploading an existing file like an RDL, or creating a report using the built-in wizard.)

So you can create your NAV report and upload it to your SQL Reporting Services website, get the URL of the report once it's in SSRS, and just link to that URL from the "new" report in CRM.
    Matt Wittemann, MVP for CRM (http://www.mscrm4.com)
    Wednesday, April 8, 2009 5:35 PM

All replies

• Hi,

You can run a report from CRM Reports using different dataset however, pre-filters will only work for CRM dataset.

Good Luck!
    Wednesday, April 8, 2009 4:17 PM
  • When you add a new report to CRM, one of the options is to "Link to a Web Page" (as opposed to uploading an existing file like an RDL, or creating a report using the built-in wizard.)

So you can create your NAV report and upload it to your SQL Reporting Services website, get the URL of the report once it's in SSRS, and just link to that URL from the "new" report in CRM.
    Matt Wittemann, MVP for CRM (http://www.mscrm4.com)
    Wednesday, April 8, 2009 5:35 PM
  • Ok thanks. So how will you do the filtering on that? For instance if I like to see the report of a certain contact?
    Thursday, April 9, 2009 6:48 AM