ST2011 Errors RRS feed

• Question

• I have been fighting this problem since Win 7 SP1 came out.  When I reinstall ST2010 I get the licensing initialization error # 0XC004D301.  When I try to open the program, get the registry error message.  I have followed all the steps 1 through 7 on the support page and nothing makes ANY difference.  I downloaded the trial for ST2011 and the same thing happens. I have 2 program DVDs, 1 for laptop and one for my desktop.  Because I don't use it often the laptop doesn't have the win 7 sp1 update and works fine. I have tried doint the contact thing for support but get the message that the  serial # I enter isn't covered in the country I chose and it will be $35 for an email or phone call.  There is NOWHERE to choose a country and I am in the USA, signed on with my windows live login id.  I have read many forums and have seen some that say a ms support tech can go in and fix the registry problem but how do I get to one.  I should not have to pay $35 for help on this.  It would be great if ms make one of their "fix-its" to take care of this problem as the 7 steps they have DO NOT work.
    Wednesday, August 10, 2011 4:57 PM