Where has the backup warning time adjustment option gone in Toolkit 1.1? RRS feed

• Question

• Back when I had WHS Toolkit V1.0 installed (during the PP1 beta testing), I changed the no backup warning time to two days, which is how I want it. I have since uninstalled the toolkit. Recently when I rebuilt a computer and added it as a new machine to WHS, it's backup warning time defaulted back to 5 days. I installed Toolkit V1.1, but blowed if I can find any option for changing the warning time.

Is it possible to change the no backup warning time with Toolkit 1.1, or by some other method?

HW.
    Tuesday, January 13, 2009 11:31 PM

Answers

• It has been removed. The toolkit isn't intended to provide an array of additional tweaks to your server, though some of those tweaks are useful for advanced users. It's really available to provide some additional support options, I believe. 

If you will look over here, you'll find a discussion I had with another user on this very topic, including some information about registry edits that you should be able to make to achieve the same effect. 

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    • Proposed as answer by kariya21Moderator Wednesday, January 14, 2009 5:10 AM
    • Marked as answer by harveywilson Thursday, January 15, 2009 7:25 AM
    Wednesday, January 14, 2009 12:07 AM

All replies

• It has been removed. The toolkit isn't intended to provide an array of additional tweaks to your server, though some of those tweaks are useful for advanced users. It's really available to provide some additional support options, I believe. 

If you will look over here, you'll find a discussion I had with another user on this very topic, including some information about registry edits that you should be able to make to achieve the same effect. 

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    • Proposed as answer by kariya21Moderator Wednesday, January 14, 2009 5:10 AM
    • Marked as answer by harveywilson Thursday, January 15, 2009 7:25 AM
    Wednesday, January 14, 2009 12:07 AM
  • Thank you for your reply, and your helpful registry discussion. 
    Thursday, January 15, 2009 7:30 AM