Problems with Remote Assistance RRS feed

• Question

• Have been trying to get some work done on a friends computer by using Remote Assistance, but can't get connected because the page that opens when I try to connect shows an error message "Page cannot be found". 

Has anyone here used Remote Assistance, and if so, were there problems with getting connected to the computer requesting asistance?  Can't understand why MS would build that feature into the OS if their not going to support it.

disaksen 
    Monday, June 1, 2009 7:30 AM

Answers

All replies

• Can you give me more information on the OS and build you are using as well as the steps you take? Thanks - John 
    Thursday, June 4, 2009 1:09 AM
  • Both my and the other persons computers are using Windows XP Pro + SP3.  Have had the other person send an RA invitation to me.  I received the invitation and clicked on the link provided.  The page that opens gives an error message indicating "The page was not avaiable, or "Page cannot be found".

Thursday, June 4, 2009 6:25 PM
  • The received message contains a link to the instructions http://windows.microsoft.com/RemoteAssistance/RA.asp which is dead (not found). However you can still open the attached file which will start Remote Assistance and let you take over the control remotely.
    Tuesday, July 28, 2009 4:25 AM
  • If you use windows messenger than remote assistance will work fine.  Are they going to update the page with a new link?  I would prefer to use remote assistance rather than windows instant messenger.
    Wednesday, September 30, 2009 6:24 PM
  • What is the "attached file" - it doesn't come up on the forum?
    Saturday, October 24, 2009 9:29 AM
  • When you receive the Remote Assistance request via e-mail, it comes with an attachment file. Simply open the attachment of that message will do.
    Monday, November 2, 2009 2:36 AM
  • The received message contains a link to the instructions http://windows.microsoft.com/RemoteAssistance/RA.asp which is dead (not found). However you can still open the attached file which will start Remote Assistance and let you take over the control remotely.

Is the link invalid? It cannot be opened.
    Wednesday, January 26, 2011 12:59 AM
  •  

Hi,

Thank you for visiting the Microsoft forum. This forum focuses on Perfmon and diagnostic tools. I am moving your question to the moderator forum ("Where is the forum for..?"). The owner of the forum will direct you to a right forum.

Thanks.

Bruce Adamczak

Bruce Adamczak
    Thursday, January 27, 2011 1:51 PM