Removal from "Update Price" list RRS feed

• Question

• How do you remove unwanted stocks from the "update Price" list in Microsoft Money without actually deleting the historical prices of that stock?

Sunday, July 3, 2011 9:51 PM

All replies

• Blanking the symbol works in all versions. On later versions you can Go to Portfolio->UpdatePrices->PickQuotesToDownload and de-select securities that you don't want updated.
    Monday, July 4, 2011 2:21 AM
  • Unfortunately that doesn't appear to be the case for UK Money 2005.

I've never been able to remove a stock from the Update Price list that has been closed AND retain the price history.

With the demise of the online price downloads, I have no quotes selected to download and I have no funds/stocks with a symbol defined. However, they all still show on the Update Price list. To get around this, I've just prefixed all my closed positions with X- so they go to the bottom of the list.

Monday, July 4, 2011 10:01 AM
  • I was thinking that automatic quotes were still working for Azigma, and the intention was to avoid wasting bandwidth or file space for unneeded quotes. Your interpretation, that Azigma is referring to the Portfolio->UpdatePrices->UpdatePricesManually list makes more sense.

I have used a 'zz' prefix to send things to the bottom of an alphabetized list.
    For those UK users who are making extensive use of  Portfolio->UpdatePrices->UpdatePricesManually, hleOfxQuotes would seem to be a good thing to check out. I have not tried it, because my broker provide OFX servers which also include quotes.  I really like PocketSense. It can get quotes from Yahoo servers, but for me, the ability to get statements and prices from OFX servers is the really nice thing. PocketSense is written in Python, which I can read.
    hleOfxQuotes is written in Java. It can use FT quotes too, so it seems to be a good fit for UK users. I have not tried it.

Monday, July 4, 2011 3:11 PM