Need Help for Pursuing Microsoft Certification... RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am a trainee .Net developer in a private IT firm.. I want to make career in Microsoft Technologies... But I am confused where to start with.. Currently I am working on VS 2005 and VS 2008 alongwith MS SQL 2005/2008... My job role is to develop Websites using these technologies.. For the sake of career i want to pursue some Microsoft Certification which can help in my career and growth.. After doing a lot of research on this I found out that I should start with MCTS move towards MCPD.. Then i also came across MCSD.... I am confused about how to proceed in a systematic manner... Please suggest the path for proceeding alongwith detailed information of the exams so that i could make a sucessful career....

Regards and Thanx in Advance

Saturday, February 18, 2012 6:07 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Vishal,

Now Visual Studio 2010 is Latest. so I advised to clear MCPD with Visual Studio 2010.

check below link

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/certification/mcpd.aspx#tab1

if you are Windows Desktop Developer then you have to clear below exams

Exam 70-511, Exam 70-513, Exam 70-516, Exam 70-518

if you are Web Developer then you have to clear below exams

Exam 70-515, Exam 70-513, Exam 70-516, Exam 70-519

Regards

Nil

• Proposed as answer by Mr. Wharty Sunday, February 19, 2012 12:59 AM
    • Marked as answer by Horizon_NetEditor Saturday, February 25, 2012 12:29 PM
    Saturday, February 18, 2012 6:38 AM
  • Thank You Nil for your benign advice... But still i dont understand where to start with.. I have started my career recently so dont have prior knowledge of Microsoft Technologies.. and As far as i know MCPD is recommended for people having more than 2 years of experience... So can i still go for it... and Secondly I am into Web Development... So what is the order in which i should attempt these exams??

ie,

Exam 70-515, Exam 70-513, Exam 70-516, Exam 70-519...

Please mention the order to start with...

Thanx Nd Regards...

• Proposed as answer by tooleyrose Saturday, February 18, 2012 8:44 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by Horizon_NetEditor Saturday, February 25, 2012 12:29 PM
    Saturday, February 18, 2012 6:53 AM
  • MCSD is no longer available so MCPD is what you should look at getting.

MCPD requires about 1-2yrs experience (by experience I mean jands-on experieice, not reading books and doing a couple of labs). You can do the exams in any order. 

Given that you don't have a lot of experience, you should do 70-536 (http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/exam.aspx?id=70-536) first as it is designed to measure your knowledge of .NET development fundamentals and is not tied to a particular version of .NET.  This will give you a good idea of your current skill level with .Net.  You should then move on to one of the MCPD certifications (probably 70-513)

Jeff Wharton
    MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt), MCT, MCPD, MCITP, MCDBA
    Blog: Mr. Wharty's Ramblings
    MC ID: Microsoft Transcript

Please mark answered if I've answered your question and vote for it as helpful to help other user's find a solution quicker

• Proposed as answer by tooleyrose Saturday, February 18, 2012 8:44 AM
    • Marked as answer by Horizon_NetEditor Saturday, February 25, 2012 12:30 PM
    Saturday, February 18, 2012 7:45 AM