Unable to access MS Dynamics CRM 2011 RRS feed

• Question

• After accidentally deleting security roles from main account users cannot access CRM. Getting following error message: “An error has occurred. Try this action again. If the problem continues, check the Microsoft Dynamics CRM Community for solutions or contact your organization's Microsoft Dynamics CRM Administrator. Finally, you can contact Microsoft Support.

Microsoft.Crm.CrmException: SecLib::RetrievePrivilegeForUser failed - no roles
    are assigned to user. Returned hr = -2147209463, User:
    f4c45060-9ef6-e111-bbfd-080027a45885 at
    Microsoft.Crm.Application.Platform.ServiceCommands.PlatformCommand.XrmExecuteInternal()
    at
    Microsoft.Crm.Application.Platform.ServiceCommands.RetrieveMultipleCommand.Execute()
    at
    Microsoft.Crm.Application.Caching.CustomResourceLoader.GetCustomResources(IOrganizationContext
    context, Int32 cacheKey) at
    Microsoft.Crm.Application.Caching.CustomResourceLoader.LoadCacheData(Int32 key,
    IOrganizationContext context) at
    Microsoft.Crm.Caching.CrmMultiOrgCache`2.LookupEntry(TKey key,
    IOrganizationContext context) at
    Microsoft.Crm.Application.ResourceManager.CustomResourceManager.TryGetCultureString(String
    name, CultureInfo culture, Boolean getSystemString, IOrganizationContext
    context) at
    Microsoft.Crm.Application.ResourceManager.CustomResourceManager.TryGetCultureString(String
    name, CultureInfo culture, IOrganizationContext context) at
    Microsoft.Crm.Application.ResourceManager.BasicResourceManager.GetCultureString(String
    name, CultureInfo culture, IOrganizationContext context) at
    Microsoft.Crm.Web.GlobalBase.BuildErrorHandlerUri(String errorHandlerPage,
    ErrorInformation errorInformation) at
    Microsoft.Crm.MainApplication.GenerateDevErrorPage(ErrorInformation
    errorInformation) at Microsoft.Crm.MainApplication.HandleError(ErrorInformation
    errorInformation) at Microsoft.Crm.MainApplication.Application_Error(Object
    sender, EventArgs eventArguments) "

is anyone knows resolution for that problem? I would really appreciate it.

Thank you,

Irina

irinakatsev

• Edited by ikatsev Wednesday, November 14, 2012 8:26 PM
    Wednesday, November 14, 2012 7:31 PM

Answers

• Wayne in our case it didn’t work, I had to contact Microsoft Dynamics team support and they had to back up our database transfer it to them and using their own tools assign admin rights to that particular user. After that we deleted our old database and replaced it with the new one. Everything is back up and running now. So the lesson that I learned is to Back UP your database often :)

Thank you anyway for your reply!!!!

Irina

irinakatsev

• Marked as answer by ikatsev Friday, November 16, 2012 6:48 PM
    Friday, November 16, 2012 6:48 PM

All replies

• Hey Irina,

Was the deleted security role Out-of-Box (OOB) role or custom role? If OOB, then I would suggest creating another role and adding privileges to it. 

CRM wiki should be helpful in finding privileges for that specific OOB role.

Thanks 

Harshit 

Wednesday, November 14, 2012 9:10 PM
  • It was domain user account security role. now all users cannot access CRM.

irinakatsev

Wednesday, November 14, 2012 9:13 PM
  • You don't have any users at all that didn't have a different security role? The issue is they have no roles assigned. You can't log into CRM without a secuirity role.

you might want to try and stand up a new instance of CRM, then back up your old database, and then try to map the users over.  The new CRM will have an Administrator security role, so just map a user to the Admin role, then use that Admin user to log into CRM and rebuild and reassign all your other users' security roles.

Unless this is CRM Online, then just contact Microsoft, as there is no other solution.

The postings on this site are solely my own and do not represent or constitute Hitachi Solutions' positions, views, strategies or opinions.

Wednesday, November 14, 2012 11:22 PM
  • Wayne in our case it didn’t work, I had to contact Microsoft Dynamics team support and they had to back up our database transfer it to them and using their own tools assign admin rights to that particular user. After that we deleted our old database and replaced it with the new one. Everything is back up and running now. So the lesson that I learned is to Back UP your database often :)

Thank you anyway for your reply!!!!

Irina

irinakatsev

• Marked as answer by ikatsev Friday, November 16, 2012 6:48 PM
    Friday, November 16, 2012 6:48 PM
  • Glad you got it sorted.  :)

The postings on this site are solely my own and do not represent or constitute Hitachi Solutions' positions, views, strategies or opinions.

Tuesday, November 20, 2012 3:53 AM
  • Do you know by any chance how to do auto backups? any scripts?

Thanks!

irinakatsev

Tuesday, November 20, 2012 8:08 PM
  • This also happens if you add the user that is hosting the CRM app pool as CRM User.

Source:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2500917

• Edited by m.konrad Wednesday, December 18, 2013 4:41 PM
    Wednesday, December 18, 2013 4:41 PM