CRM Portal v1.0.0.0013 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I'm trying to deploy the Customer Portal and I'm getting a bit confused.

-- Edit ---

Sorry forgot to mention, I'm talking about the portal available here

http://pinpoint.microsoft.com/en-au/applications/customer-portal-for-microsoft-dynamics-crm-2011-12884910826

----------

We have Server.A with

• CRM 2011 Hosted / On Premise
    • Customer Portal v1.0.0.0013
    • Used the websitecopy tool to import the files
    • Setup CRM Users

And Server.B with

• ASP.NET Portal
    • IIS 7 with Integrated Pipeline mode

I don't really know what the next steps are.

I've been reading the instructions but everything seems to focus on Azure. Is this a mandatory step?

I would prefer to use LiveID authentication, but I'm having trouble because the LiveID interface and the documentation seem to be quite different.

I need help with

• Setting up Live ID (what is required?)
    • Setting up the config of the ASP.NET portal
    • Setting up the Invitation Workflow URLs

Currently, when I go to the Portal and click Login, it redirects me to the LiveID signin page. When I enter my login details and hit ok, it redirects back to the portal but doesn't seem to login (e.g. When I try to look at my cases, I get redirected back to the login page).

Can anyone provide some instructions specifically for Live ID?

Thanks,

Ivan

• Edited by Ivan Pironi Monday, February 13, 2012 3:11 PM
    Monday, February 13, 2012 2:31 PM

All replies

• I have let them know that the instructions provided on the marketplace listing does not include all of the documentation.

The good news is that deploying to IIS is very similar to deploying to Azure only a little simpler.  The web files are to be deployed to your IIS server.  You will make slight adjustments to the web.config file to configure the CRM connection string and set your ACS settings.  Other than that, it is a standard ASP.NET website.  Set it up with its own application pool, set the app pool to .Net 4.0  with an integrated pipeline and then point the website to your copy of the website code.  I hope this helps until we review the documentation links so you have a formal document.

Shan McArthur www.shanmcarthur.net Check out the commercial edition of xRM portals @ www.adxstudio.com

Wednesday, February 15, 2012 12:16 AM