CRM 3 Small Business Server installation error with SRS RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I started a CRM 3 SBS installation yesterday and I received the following error about 15 minutes into it.

Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.RSUpdateReportingUrlAction failed.
    SQL Server Reporting Services registry key Software\Microsoft\Microsoft SQL Server\80\Reporting Services not found or does not contain the value RSConfigFilePath.

The server is running SBS 3.0 premium with SP2, SQL 2000 SP4.  I did some research and the only fix I have found was to use an earlier version of the installation media(3.0.5300.0 or 3.0.5300.2).  I have version 3.0.5300.9.

Does anyone know a workaround this issue?  Or does anyone know where I can get an earlier version of the media.  We are a gold partner with access to msdn.  When I download the version from msdn it shows it as 3.0.5300.9.  Does anyone know if it is just an issue with the media that is shipped out or is it with all of the 3.0.5300.9 media?  Any help would be great.

Thanks,

Mark

Thursday, December 6, 2007 6:28 PM

Answers

• Yes.  I installed SRS before installing CRM.  I was under the impression that it was a best practice to install SRS along with the CRM installation but according to MS support that was not the case.  Once I installed SRS first and then ran the CRM installation it finished the installation with no problems.  Hope this helps.

Monday, January 21, 2008 8:48 PM

All replies

• Correction.  The server is SBS 2003 premium

Thursday, December 6, 2007 6:42 PM
  • Hi Mark,

Have you solution for your problem ? I have the same error message (a little other - last is

WAConfigFilePath)

When you have any in´formation to this, please send me this

Thanks

Jaro

Thursday, January 17, 2008 10:27 PM
  •  

Thursday, January 17, 2008 10:27 PM
  • Yes.  I installed SRS before installing CRM.  I was under the impression that it was a best practice to install SRS along with the CRM installation but according to MS support that was not the case.  Once I installed SRS first and then ran the CRM installation it finished the installation with no problems.  Hope this helps.

Monday, January 21, 2008 8:48 PM