Refund for Product Key Purchase RRS feed

• Question

• I've accidently posted this in the other forum topics, but due to the absense of a response I've come to the conclusion that this probably is the right topic area.

I purchased the genuine key over the internet, but accidently made a typo when putting in my e-mail (instead of @mts.net, I put in @res1.mts.net) which is actually used for PPOE settings.. I didn't realize until after the purchase. I then ordered another one to my hotmail account, thinking I can just cancel my first order because I hadn't used it but there is no information about doing so on the web (that I can find). I need to know how to cancel it, because I'm paying $200 a pop for these things, and one of them is lost in cyberspace to a make believe e-mail.

I'm curious if it's possible to cancel the purchase before my credit card gets dinged, or if not at least how to return and get my money back, because the product key will be lost for the e-mail I used doesn't exist. I'm not surprised that Microsoft focuses more on helping people to buy their product opposed to refunding.

Monday, July 10, 2006 7:11 AM

Answers

All replies

• What location (general country level) are you in? I'll locate the local support house contact information for ordering.
    Monday, July 10, 2006 8:23 AM
  • I'm from Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada... I didn't record the Order Number though so that's never good. Will they be able to locate my order?
    Monday, July 10, 2006 9:00 AM
  • Scott:

This post should help you out (http://forums.microsoft.com/Genuine/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=408151&SiteID=25) - as that contact information is also for our Canadian customers.

With the correct ship/bill to name and address, I don't see an issue with modifying the order (provided it meets the security requirements to verify your identity for the order).

-phil liu

Monday, July 10, 2006 5:49 PM
  • While you are trying to cancel the order, call your Credit Card company, and put a dipute on that charge--reason being, that you have not been able to reach them to cancel it, and tell them why you need to cancel it.  That should keep you from having to pay for both orders.

Wednesday, July 12, 2006 5:34 AM