Can I batch paste categories into my account? RRS feed

• Question

• I'm having to reconstruct an account and I have pasted all the transactions which I was able to get from my online bank account.  There are over 400 transactions!  Is there any way of batch selecting a category for similar transactions to save me having to work through all of them individually? 

I have version 14.0.120.1105 and  I'm sure I downloaded the 'sunset' updates.  I have Windows 10

Monday, August 24, 2020 11:50 AM

Answers

• "Find & Replace" will help if there is a common search term, like business name to hone in on with "Simple Search".  Otherwise I suggest using the "Advanced Search" option to present you with portions of the 400 transactions for that account, and you'll be able to select the ones you want to assign a category to.
    • Marked as answer by GotaQ Monday, August 24, 2020 3:14 PM
    Monday, August 24, 2020 12:08 PM

All replies

• "Find & Replace" will help if there is a common search term, like business name to hone in on with "Simple Search".  Otherwise I suggest using the "Advanced Search" option to present you with portions of the 400 transactions for that account, and you'll be able to select the ones you want to assign a category to.
    • Marked as answer by GotaQ Monday, August 24, 2020 3:14 PM
    Monday, August 24, 2020 12:08 PM
  • Thank you for your reply. 

I have tried both the simple and advanced searches and I have been able to get a list when I use the simple search.  I have tried numerous times to do the advanced search but I have not succeeded in getting a list.  I have tried different payees and I have tried using the search criteria on 'all' and specific criteria but to no avail.  

I must be doing something wrong or is it a very sensitive search tool that requires very exact criteria, please?

Monday, August 24, 2020 2:50 PM
  • OK, scratch the above, I have had some success!  I revisited the 'payee' criterion and was more generous in my selection.  The payee name had changed over the years that I have been using MS Money.

The "Find and Replace" system worked for me.  Thanks again.

Monday, August 24, 2020 3:15 PM