Windows validation RRS feed

• Question

• I'm getting error [0x80080205] i just can't seem to validate windows
    Sunday, December 9, 2007 1:37 AM

Answers

• Karen,

Great glad you were able to get your system operational :-). I am sorry you had to experience some downtime. Take care and if you ever need any assistance with WGA please visit us again.

Thank you,

Stephen Holm, MS

Wednesday, December 12, 2007 12:34 AM

All replies

•  

Right i have managed to validate my copy of windows but the unable to complete validate star icon is still there why and how do i get rid of it?

I have tried change notification settings but everytime i go to that page i get internet explore has encountered a problem with an add-on and needs to close

Sunday, December 9, 2007 9:22 PM
  • Hello Karen,

Please do me a favor. Download and run the utility at this link http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 , then click the Windows tab, Copy to Clipboard, then paste the report into a New Post on this Forum. This will allow us to see what you are experiencing and allow us to formulate an resolution for you. 

Step 2 is tell us about the COA. Tell us:

1. What edition of Windows XP is it for, Home, Pro, or Media Center?
    2. Does it read "OEM Software" or "OEM Product" in black lettering?
    3. Or, does it have the computer manufacturer's name in black lettering?
    4. DO NOT post the Product Key.
    5. Please also provide a short description of the issue you are experiencing.

NOTE: The data collected with the Genuine Diagnostics Tool does NOT contain any information that can personally identify you and can be fully reviewed, by you, before being posted.

Thank you,

Stephen Holm, MS

Tuesday, December 11, 2007 12:39 AM
  •  

Hi stephen,

I ran the the diagnostic tool but when i click on copy nothing happens

I'm running windows xp pro, on the disc it says windows xp pro version 2002 academic edition can't see OEM anywhere, the problem i'm having is that i have validated windows but i'm still getting the error message icon next to my clock saying unable to complete genuine windows validation  i used firefox browser as when i used IE browser it kept saying internet explore has encountered a problem with add ons and needs to close. So i opened firefox and that validated windows no problem, so why am i still getting the error message next to my clock?

Also i've noticed when i do a manual search for windows updates it finds nothing and searches for hours which i find confusing.

I called microsoft and for over an hour they tried to sort the problem out over the phone with me with no luck, so they are looking in to it and calling me back tomorrow, i find this strange as i have never had this problem on my pc before.

Tuesday, December 11, 2007 3:25 AM
  • Ok stephen i followed these instructiions in this thread

CLICK HERE

And now the icon has gone and my copy of windows is validated

Windows updates works fine now thanks for your help.
    Tuesday, December 11, 2007 3:46 AM
  • Karen,

Great glad you were able to get your system operational :-). I am sorry you had to experience some downtime. Take care and if you ever need any assistance with WGA please visit us again.

Thank you,

Stephen Holm, MS

Wednesday, December 12, 2007 12:34 AM