How to transmit data using 802.11b sample code RRS feed

• Question

• I just started using Sora board and I should say I really appreciate Microsoft effort in SDR. I wish it was a little more documented and organized, though.

Anyway, I successfully installed the board and 802.11b sample code. I connect RF frontend (WARP) to spectrum analyzer and used dut to transmit data and I could see data spectrum. I turned off HW Test driver and turned on Microsoft SDR driver. I tried to transmit data using 802.11b code. But I can't figure out how to do that. I can configure the driver using dot11config but I don't know how to load data into tx queue. 

Tuesday, August 17, 2010 11:32 PM

Answers

• The 802.11b code is implemented in a Miniport driver, which makes it just a basic network adapter. As long as you have a valid IP address assigned to that adapter, and another SORA board has the same set up (valid IP, differing IP and MAC address), basic network functionality works between them just like any other Wi-Fi device. For example: disable the firewall on both systems, and you'll notice PING works fine, as does many other basic CLI commands.

The whitepaper even mentions that you can do heavy-bandwidth stuff like HD video streaming from SORA-to-SORA to get a good look at network traffic in a spectrum analyzer - I find the best way to do this is to hook antennae up to each SORA peer, and the spectrum analyzer itself.

• Marked as answer by Kun Tan Sunday, October 31, 2010 10:18 AM
    Wednesday, August 18, 2010 2:02 PM

All replies

• The 802.11b code is implemented in a Miniport driver, which makes it just a basic network adapter. As long as you have a valid IP address assigned to that adapter, and another SORA board has the same set up (valid IP, differing IP and MAC address), basic network functionality works between them just like any other Wi-Fi device. For example: disable the firewall on both systems, and you'll notice PING works fine, as does many other basic CLI commands.

The whitepaper even mentions that you can do heavy-bandwidth stuff like HD video streaming from SORA-to-SORA to get a good look at network traffic in a spectrum analyzer - I find the best way to do this is to hook antennae up to each SORA peer, and the spectrum analyzer itself.

• Marked as answer by Kun Tan Sunday, October 31, 2010 10:18 AM
    Wednesday, August 18, 2010 2:02 PM
  • Cory,

Thanks very much for your kind reply.

mamhamed,

Hope you have solved your problem under Cory's guide.

-Jiansong

Thursday, September 16, 2010 8:19 AM