Role of the Hub RRS feed

• Question

• I recently had to abandon my high-speed wireless connection for a satellite connection (big downgrade).  Now I am limited on my bandwidth.  Does the Hub download the updates for all pc's in the circle or just make sure they are also downloading the updates?
    Thursday, May 14, 2009 1:56 PM

Answers

• Each PC will download independently. The hub only monitors the state of the PCs in your Circle and reports it to you.
    Oh, and I'm sorry about the downgrade you had to deal with. I understand that satellite caps you. :-(

-steve
    Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare & Live Mesh Forum Moderator
    Thursday, May 14, 2009 3:10 PM

All replies

• Each PC will download independently. The hub only monitors the state of the PCs in your Circle and reports it to you.
    Oh, and I'm sorry about the downgrade you had to deal with. I understand that satellite caps you. :-(

-steve
    Thursday, May 14, 2009 3:10 PM
  • Thanks for the information.  Maybe that could be a 'value added extra' for the next version ;-)
    Thursday, May 14, 2009 5:06 PM
  • Thanks for the information.  Maybe that could be a 'value added extra' for the next version ;-)

No next version is coming - OneCare support will end at the end of 2010 or the end of current subscriptions after late 2009, when renewals will cease. See the announcement at the top of the General forum from last November.
    -steve
    Thursday, May 14, 2009 5:38 PM