windows 7 does'nt recognize the fingerprint reader and shows error fingerprint reader is not connected to a usb port ??? RRS feed

• General discussion

• hi

Have installed win7 on the 2nd hard drive d:\ and now having multi boot system and been testing it since a week, have installed all the chipset drivers and software from the original disk, all other things are working fine, except for the fingerprint reader

wehn windows starts, it says please connect finger print reader to a usb port, thou the finger print reader is build in with the laptop..

Also installed the finger print software protector suite QL  that came with the laptop, software is installed, however it says Cannot enroll user.
    Cannot find fingerprint sensor device. error code is 0xe 7210005..

in control panel, devices & printers it shows biometric device is installed and enabled and working fine .. 

Any clues to this ???

Laptop : satellite A200, P t7500 core 2 due , 2gb ram and 320gb hard .. 
    • Moved by JimR1Moderator Wednesday, July 15, 2009 3:27 PM Off topic. (From:Microsoft Security Essentials: Getting Started and Upgrading)
    Wednesday, July 15, 2009 2:40 PM

All replies

• You can get help with Windows 7 here - http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/category/w7itpro/
    Jim - MVP Windows Live - Forum Moderator - Live One Care - Live Mesh - Microsoft Security Essentials
    Wednesday, July 15, 2009 3:29 PM
  • Hello!

I have the same problem.

It tells that: please connect finger print reader to a usb port.

But in control panel, devices & printers it does not show, that i have any fingerprint device in this computer....

Device manager also does not show that any device is related to fingerprint reader.

I have downloaded and installed all UPEK software for windows 7 32 bit.

Computer: Dell XPS M1530

And the finger print reader is build in with the laptop..

Any ideas ?

Thank you!

Saturday, January 15, 2011 9:28 PM
  • Read the post above yours, you ARE IN THE WRONG FORUM!

Rob

Sunday, January 16, 2011 12:18 AM