Direct Inward Dial Number (DID) required? RRS feed

• Question

• I have 47k ad user accounts.

I have an OCS System deployed to 1000 total users. Will grow when $$$ for Licenses frees up.

Current setup

2 Front-Ends

1 F5 Load Balancer

1 Edge

1 CWA

1 Archiving Server

1 Sharepoint Update Server

1 Mediation Server

1 Dialogic 2000 Gateway connected to 5ESS via single PRI (Telco has direct presence on campus - NO PBX).

40 Enterprise Voice Users with Direct-Inward-Dial (DID) Number programmed into the 5ESS to direct them to the OCS PRI.

Currently NO Exchange UM

Next week we are turning up the UM role on our Exchange system for a demonstration project with the intent on building it up to support the OCS deployment. Right now it is a single UM server for intial 250 users. I was planning to get 210 more numbers but cost is prohibative for a demo period.

Here is the question. I want to turn up the Exchagne UM and get 30 of the current users working with their existing DID, so they can recieve calls directly from the outside world. I want to use 10 DID's for VM access and autoattendants for the new UM service. Can one of the direct dialed autoattendants be setup to provide access to the other 220 users without provisioning DID's for each of them?

So the call scenerio would be for the 220 non-DID users.

Outside user calls autoattendant number and is prompted for extension. User enters OCS user extension. Call is forwarded to the OCS User and if answered the call proceeds and if not the call diverts to the UM Account and the users hears a greating and leaves a VM.

Is this possible? It seems like it would be but the deployment docs are a bit unclear.

Rick Phillips

University of Kentucky

Thursday, May 15, 2008 8:00 PM

All replies

• Yes, you can do that.  The autoattendant will accept either a spoken name or a dialed extension.

Sunday, May 18, 2008 10:38 PM
  • I Am Looking for DID Number from India or any Solution for Free calls to and from India (Should Reach the Mobiles at Rural Areas in Andhrapradesh).

Recently i met one person in Singapore and He is offring one software for Mobiles(which Support only 3G/Simbion Latest OS/Windows PPC). and the Calls from and to the same Software Loded mobiles are free and and the others are 0.2 Cents only through out the world. But the Problem is that they are offring the Service in MLM only. So i am not able to Get it.

If any one knows such kind of service Provider ( he service should be available in india) lease let me know.

hameed_singapore@yahoo.com

Sunday, August 17, 2008 1:05 PM