none
Bug - last line of code is invisible in IE RRS feed

Answers

• With that particular thread not anymore (as I added an extra line manually - didn't get my answer point (no points actually even though I answered). But the same problem happens very often still. I use Google Chrome so for me this is not a problem, but IE users have this problem lots of times.

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

Thursday, June 21, 2012 2:10 AM

All replies

• Please see this thread

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/transactsql/thread/3b5fa2ec-796d-44db-909e-c9f976ba599f

I posted my code and the OP can not see it due to IE bug. I had to add another line to make it visible, but meanwhile another user got the answer points.

My blog

Somewhat ironic that it is rendered correctly in google chrome but not Microsoft Internet Exploere...

Al Dunbar

Thursday, June 14, 2012 5:14 PM
  • Is this the problem where the code has long lines, so a scroll bar is added, which sometimes hides the last line? If so, this happens periodically for unknown reasons. It seems to be bug in the way the forums display the code, not in how the code editor saves the code. I say this because when I have the problem, I see it in all old threads (where Insert Code Block was used and there is a scroll bar). When the problem goes away, all threads are "fixed".

At present I do not have the problem (I have a thread in the Technet Sandbox forum where I can check), and I see the code in your thread fine (although I don't see a scroll bar either). In the past, some people have the problem while others do not. My theory is that sometimes I (and others) get bad code cached on a server with the display bug. That's the only way I can explain why some experience while others do not, and why the problem comes and goes. I use IE 9.

Richard Mueller - MVP Directory Services

Thursday, June 14, 2012 5:54 PM
  • I've changed the code after I posted it - I added one extra line later when I read OP's complain. I haven't verified it in IE this time, but a few days ago when the forum didn't work I checked one of my threads in IE and I had the problem when in my solution I could not see last line of code also.

My blog

Thursday, June 14, 2012 6:19 PM
  • I can't duplicate this. Can you repro it now?

Thanks!

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Experience Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)

Thursday, June 21, 2012 1:57 AM
    Owner
  • With that particular thread not anymore (as I added an extra line manually - didn't get my answer point (no points actually even though I answered). But the same problem happens very often still. I use Google Chrome so for me this is not a problem, but IE users have this problem lots of times.

My blog

Thursday, June 21, 2012 2:10 AM
  • I now have the problem. As I said before, it comes and goes. The first reply (after the initial post) in this sandbox thread demonstrates it:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/tnsandbox/thread/cb3f8405-eccc-491b-b445-800e1ad03b5b

This is what I see in this thread now (IE 9 on Windows 7 Professional):

The single line of code is completely hidden by the scroll bar. If there is more than one line, the last line is hidden.

Thursday, June 21, 2012 2:20 AM
  • I see this:

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Experience Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)

Thursday, June 21, 2012 2:28 AM
    Owner
  • I see all samples OK in that thread.

My blog

Thursday, June 21, 2012 2:45 AM
  • Again, my theory is that periodically I get bad forum code. Back in February many others experienced the same problem.

• Proposed as answer by wizzwizz4 Thursday, March 19, 2015 8:37 PM
    Thursday, June 21, 2012 3:37 AM