none
sqlite3 db.lock stopping zip process RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have written a small utility in VS2017 that basically takes a list of directories and zips them up each night and stores them as a backup on a network drive.

For around the last month my process has been failing with the error

The process cannot access the file  'd:\<project name>\.vs\<project name>\v15\Server\sqlite3\db.lock' because it is being used by another process.

From what I can gather this is something to do with Github, which I do not use.

This only happens on projects in Visual Studio 2017, I have various other project from 2008 on wards that zip up fine each night and have been doing so for the last 3 years or so.  Like I said this has only just started happening in the last month or so and only on 2017 projects.

Anyone any idea how I can stop the file from becoming locked in the first place ?

Thanks

• Moved by 宝宝徐 Tuesday, January 2, 2018 8:07 AM
    Wednesday, December 20, 2017 7:56 AM

All replies

• Hi xlava,

How do you write the small utility? Using c# or other language? What is the type of your project?

The utility works well before? Does it only thrown exception in Visual Studio 2017?

>>The process cannot access the file  'd:\<project name>\.vs\<project name>\v15\Server\sqlite3\db.lock' because it is being used by another process.

If you using c# or other language, could you provide the code which you use to access the file?

Please check the version of your framework, is there any different between 2008 and 2017?

If you could not provide your project for security, could provide the line of the code which could get the exception for me to check the source code of .net framework?

More information would be helpful.

Best Regards,

Wendy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, December 21, 2017 8:11 AM
  • Hi xlava,

Welcome to MSDN forum.

This forum is to talk about visual studio IDE, I will move your thread to where is forum for, thank you for understanding.

Best regards,

Joyce

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, January 2, 2018 8:03 AM