Share Folders Access Denied RRS feed

• Question

• This is incredibly frustrating - I have over 500GB of space and cannot access this on my home server. I keep trying to figure out the problem - changed all permissions to  full for all users. This should be a no brainer type use case! If someone has a solution - pls. help, my home computer hard drive is almost full.
    Sunday, February 7, 2010 7:40 PM

Answers

• I use the same password to login into the Home Server console.

The password that you use to log into the Home Server Console is the Administrator password.  The password that Windows Home Server is complaining about is the user account that is on the client PC and on Windows Home Server - the username and passwords should match exactly.

What you can try is from the Users Tab on the Windows Home Server Console change the password for the user USERNAME to a new password PASSWORD.

On the client PC open a command prompt and type:
     net user USERNAME PASSWORD

Obviously replace USERNAME and PASSWORD with the username and password you want to use.

Also which OS are you using?
    --
    • Marked as answer by adaptivemango Monday, February 8, 2010 1:13 AM
    Sunday, February 7, 2010 11:36 PM

All replies

• One other thing - I have a message from the home server trey icon - stating that passwords don't match. This is obviously a bug - since I have previously completed this task before. In any event - I changed the password on my computer to the same as the server. The ironic thing is the message continues stating that they still don't match. I use the same password to login into the Home Server console.
    Sunday, February 7, 2010 8:39 PM
  • Take a look at this FAQ and see if it helps.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Sunday, February 7, 2010 10:38 PM
  • Thanks Ken - but no luck. I confirmed I'm loggin in under correct user account from my desktop. The password synch keeps prompting be to update my server side password. Says - server password incorrect. Any thoughts on what is going on here?
    Sunday, February 7, 2010 11:10 PM
  • I use the same password to login into the Home Server console.

The password that you use to log into the Home Server Console is the Administrator password.  The password that Windows Home Server is complaining about is the user account that is on the client PC and on Windows Home Server - the username and passwords should match exactly.

What you can try is from the Users Tab on the Windows Home Server Console change the password for the user USERNAME to a new password PASSWORD.

On the client PC open a command prompt and type:
     net user USERNAME PASSWORD

Obviously replace USERNAME and PASSWORD with the username and password you want to use.

Also which OS are you using?
    --
    • Marked as answer by adaptivemango Monday, February 8, 2010 1:13 AM
    Sunday, February 7, 2010 11:36 PM
  • Thanks Al - this worked great. I'm not sure why - previous passwords were identical. In any event - thanks, really appreciate the advice here.

Also like to thank Ken for his help. Both of you provide some much need support for this product.
    Monday, February 8, 2010 1:17 AM