File download--Access denied. RRS feed

• Question

• Did not have this problem, before recent changes were made to Outlook.

When I try to download a PDF file, it does not download. Browser goes to "Access Denied"

I need a quick fix.

Thank you

• Moved by CoolDadTx Tuesday, April 19, 2016 6:47 PM Off topic
    Tuesday, April 19, 2016 1:24 PM

All replies

• Hi Herb1234,

can you give us more details what you are doing? Where do you try to download the file? What C# code did you write to do it? Or did you write the server part? How does Outlook fit into the picture? What did you test with which Browser and what is the exact error?

On the server side might even be more logs available that might be useful.

With kind regards,

Konrad

Tuesday, April 19, 2016 1:38 PM
  • These forums are for development questions. Issues related to using Outlook or your browser should be posted either to Microsoft Support or TechNet.

Tuesday, April 19, 2016 2:40 PM
  • No I did not.
    Tuesday, April 19, 2016 5:14 PM
  • I am emailed a file. When I click on download, the browser goes to "Access Denied." The file does not download.

I do not write a "C" code. Previously, prior to Outlook update, I clicked on the file to download, and it downloaded.

I am using google Chrome. Never had problems downloading, before the update.

Tuesday, April 19, 2016 6:30 PM
  • These forums are not for end user support.  Please post this question to the Office forums or TechNet.
    Tuesday, April 19, 2016 6:46 PM
  • Hello,

I'd ask Google.

You might also ask in the Microsoft Office Outlook Community Forums.

As the Microsoft Community is on a different platform, we cannot move the question for you.

Once there, click on Participate near the top of the screen, and select 'Ask a Question' or 'Start a Discussion'

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My Blog: Unlock PowerShell
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join('6D73646E5F6B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

• Proposed as answer by Just Karl Tuesday, May 31, 2016 2:15 PM
    Tuesday, April 19, 2016 7:16 PM