OCS 2007 "Cannot Synchronize With the Corporate Address Book" RRS feed

  • Question


    I've been running OCS 2007 for a while now.  I had some issues with certificates in the beginning, but I got everything straightened out.  I had a test group (including myself) of about 7people to start with.  These all did work and do still work fine.  When I went to extend my test group and added another 5 people is when I started having more issues.  Currently my probelm is that only those last 5 people that were added can't sync with the address book and therefore can't add any contacts by simply searching.  I did noticed that it does sync with thier local address book and is searchable, but they are not able to search the address book on the OCS server.  I been trying to fix this for 3 weeks!!!  Any help would be greatly appreciated.





    Systems Engineer

    Isagenix™ International


    Wednesday, May 21, 2008 4:41 PM

All replies

  • An easy first thing to do:


    Try regenerating your address book by running the following from your Address Book server (usually your Front End):

    C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007\Server\Core>abserver -regenUR

    Wait 5 minutes and then run the same command with the -SyncNow switch


    On the client, close Office Communicator, and delete GALContacts.db (found in the user's profile directory under Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Communicator) and then restart the client.


    If that doesn't work, you may have an issue with your certificates again.  You may get some ideas from this thread:



    Good luck!

    Thursday, May 22, 2008 2:23 AM

    address book and presence is working for most(although not on my client, but I think that's a me issue, and not a server issue..).


    The other interesting thing that I have going on now is..   and this wasn't happening before.  I get an error that "There was a problem connecting to Microsoft Office Outlook.  The e-mail address used in your default Outlook profile is different from the sign-in address used in Communicator.  Change your default Outlook profile to match the sign-in address you are using in Communicator, and then sign out and sign back in to Communicator."


    I believe this is breaking the IM history saving to outlook, and possibly might explain my presence issues.  The problem that I see is domains..  My default email address is Derek.MurphyATionaDOTcom but my sign-in address is dmurphyATionaglobalDOTcom.  Reason being is our internal AD domain is ionaglobal, and our external domain is iona(email addresses etc..).  I have an email address of dmurphyATionaglobal... but i'd hope that it could all map to the same.  I tried changing my outlook profile to use dmurphyATionaglobal but that didn't seem to help.  I originally wanted to set the standard of people using sAMaccount@domain.com for the login, but i'm not sure if this will work..   I think I'm going to have to use email address as the login so I'll get the @iona.com..



    Thanks for all the support so far!
    Tuesday, June 24, 2008 6:45 PM