MCTS certificate guarantee? RRS feed

• Question

• i saw that MCTS exam 70-515 will be retiring. I think i'll appear for the exam in early june. BUT---what does it mean when it says that the exam is "retiring"? Will i get the certificate if i pass the exam?  and will there be any value of the certificate if i say, apply for a job?

Please respond , bcoz i'm seriously getting no valid answers to my questions. Please help. I need this certificate....

Monday, December 24, 2012 3:54 PM

Answers

• All it means it that you will not be able to take the exam after it expires.  If you pass the exam before it expires you will still get a certificate and your certification will still be valid after the exam expires as certifications don't expire.

Whether this certification would assist you in getting a job is hard to know as most employers want experience as well as certifications.

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

Jeff Wharton
    MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt), MCT, MCPD, MCSD, MCITP, MCDBA
    Blog: Mr. Wharty's Ramblings
    Twitter: @Mr_Wharty
    MC ID: Microsoft Transcript

Tuesday, December 25, 2012 6:43 AM

All replies

• Hi,

You already asked same question in the following link.Please close this thread and continue asking here below.

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/CertGeneral/thread/1a0fc9e2-7525-499d-b29f-424c133f91dd

Gopinath.S

Tuesday, December 25, 2012 6:20 AM
  • All it means it that you will not be able to take the exam after it expires.  If you pass the exam before it expires you will still get a certificate and your certification will still be valid after the exam expires as certifications don't expire.

Whether this certification would assist you in getting a job is hard to know as most employers want experience as well as certifications.

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

Jeff Wharton
    MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt), MCT, MCPD, MCSD, MCITP, MCDBA
    Blog: Mr. Wharty's Ramblings
    Twitter: @Mr_Wharty
    MC ID: Microsoft Transcript

Tuesday, December 25, 2012 6:43 AM
  • Thank u mr. wharty
    Tuesday, December 25, 2012 10:27 AM
  • yeah there was some problem with the website when i clicked the "submit" button
    Tuesday, December 25, 2012 10:28 AM