none
How to Submit a job to a HPC cluster via WPF browser Application RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am using the HPC SDK to submit jobs to the cluster.  The app I am trying to use is WPF browser App.  One the WPF browser app is published, it works fine on machines which have the HPC Client Tools installed.  However  I am getting error when the WPF browser app is run from machines which do not have the HPC client tools.  I also tired with publishing all the HPC related dlls.  Even this does not work.  The error I get is as follows:

=========================================
    ERROR SUMMARY
     Below is a summary of the errors, details of these errors are listed later in the log.
     * An exception occurred while determining platform requirements. Following failure messages were detected:
      + Unable to install or run the application. The application requires that assembly Microsoft.Hpc.Scheduler.Store Version 2.0.0.0 be installed in the Global Assembly Cache (GAC) first.
     * An exception occurred while downloading the application. Following failure messages were detected:
      + The DeterminePlatformRequirements method failed. The application cannot be committed.

==================================

I know that the alternative would be to use jsdl, but that seems to more cumbersome.  I would prefer to use the HPC SDK instead. 

Is there a way to get this working without getting the HPC dll's installed in the GAC?

Thanks
    Rama
    • Moved by Alex Sutton Friday, July 31, 2009 10:00 PM job scheduler issue (From:Windows HPC Server Developers - General)
    Monday, July 27, 2009 6:40 PM

Answers

• Rama,
    Basically your app has to be able to get to the DLL's somehow.  If they're not in the GAC, it shoudl still work as long as they are in the PATH (not sure how this works with a WPF browser App).

You may be better off trying to get this answered in some kind of WPF forum, as it seems like the question is really "How does a WPF Browser Application find and use DLL's which are required on the client?"

Thanks!
    Josh
    -Josh
    Friday, July 31, 2009 11:06 PM