Can not Uninstall vail connector- Any help RRS feed

• Question

• I am playing with vail and can not uninstall vail connector. It gets an error at the middle. Any ideas how to uninstall. I do not have V1 connector installed.

Thanks in advance

BJ

Friday, November 19, 2010 11:08 PM

Answers

• 1. Reboot the client
    2. Make sure you close the Launchpad (by rightclicking the traybar icon, exit..)
    3. Run service.msc and find the "Windows Server Service Provider Registry" and stop the service.
    4. Try uninstalling again.

If this fails or the entry is not present you can try re-installing the Connector, then uninstall it again.
    - Theo.

No home server like Home Server
    Saturday, November 20, 2010 8:01 PM

All replies

• 1. Reboot the client
    2. Make sure you close the Launchpad (by rightclicking the traybar icon, exit..)
    3. Run service.msc and find the "Windows Server Service Provider Registry" and stop the service.
    4. Try uninstalling again.

If this fails or the entry is not present you can try re-installing the Connector, then uninstall it again.
    - Theo.

Saturday, November 20, 2010 8:01 PM
  • Thanks for the info, but I tried:

1- Tried the above instructions and still could not Un-install old Vail beta connector. I get this message:

There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor.

2- When I try to re-install the connector, it tells me there is another connector that I need to un-install first before trying to install.

So I back stuck with this old Vail Connector installed and I can not uninstall it to install the new RC connector.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance..

BJ

BJ
    Sunday, March 6, 2011 8:21 PM
  • BJ,

That is a problem. Not much advise I can give at this point.
    You might want to read this Microsoft KB2438651: How to troubleshoot problems that may occur when you install, uninstall, or upgrade a program on a Windows-based computer.

1. If you are lucky:
    Run the old VAIL installer from the Desktop, then cancle the installation at the point it asks for the server.
    In some cases this can repair the installer package and then uninstall while cancelling. Worth a try?

2. Or you can try to get hold on "The Windows Installer Cleanup utility (MSICUU2.exe)".
    With this tool you might be able to remove the old VAIL connector installer package (or what is left of it) and then manually delete any files connector files that are still on your system.
    But be very carefull / Warning: MS no longer supports this utility. It can harm your OS installation.

- Theo.

Sunday, March 6, 2011 10:08 PM