"Current Location" or "Go To" RRS feed

• Question

• Im just starting out trying Streets and Trips.

Is there a "Go To" or "Current Location" option?

I tried the system out today. At one point, I wished to just go home from where I was, but could not find a way to do so without stopping and planning a route.

On other GPS's there is an option to select a way-point, POI or something, and just hit "Go TO' to get directions from where I was.

Thanks

Friday, March 30, 2012 1:44 AM

All replies

• S&T has a Help utility that is accessible from the menu.  If you do a search with the term "recalculate route from current location", it will point you in the right direction.
    Friday, March 30, 2012 2:28 AM
  • You can set the program to always start with your favorite GPS options enabled. You can even set it to start with the GPS pane (Ctrl+A) open. Then all you need to do after starting S&T is to type your destination into the GPS pane, and press F3 (recalculate). The route will be plotted, and you can start driving.

S&T may be a bit intimidating with it's many features, but once you familiarize yourself with it, you will like it.

Here's a list of various S&T FAQs: http://www.laptopgpsworld.com/749-tips-tricks-microsoft-streets-trips

Laptop GPS World

Saturday, March 31, 2012 10:48 AM