How to host ASP .Net application in cassini server for offline CRM 2011 Outlook client. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Team,

I have an ASP .Net application which is hosted in IIS 7.0 now & it's working pretty fine. Same site needs to be moved for offline as per the Microsoft the ISV folder has been deprecated so, can anyone help me on how to host it for offline state.

So, far I have created a new folder under C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Dynamics CRM\Client\res\web & copy paste all & tried to access the site but it's not working.

Can anyone suggest me who to resolve this issue?

Thanks in advance.

Wednesday, April 8, 2015 9:57 AM

All replies

• Rebuild your ASP.Net application using HTML/JS webresources and it would work fine in offline mode.

Dynamics CRM MVP
    My blog

Wednesday, April 8, 2015 10:10 AM
  • So, you mean to say As Is solution will not work & only way is to rebuild the entire page in HTML & JS? Say, if I develop it using JQuery then where shall I put the JQuery source file, is it in same newly created folder or somewhere else?

Really is there no other way :( then I think it will be a great pain for me :(

Anyways, thanks for the quick response.

Wednesday, April 8, 2015 10:26 AM
  • I suggested a supported way. Of course you can find unsupported one with yourself but... unsupported is not good ;) and no guarantees. Suggested way is supported and will work on any kind of deployment, you would not need to do any manual operations e.t.c. Let CRM work ;)

Dynamics CRM MVP
    My blog

Wednesday, April 8, 2015 11:01 AM
  • Yeah, I agree with you. Thanks for the suggestion.
    Wednesday, April 8, 2015 11:12 AM
  • Hi,

I think you can host your web application for on local web server on the outlook machine, We have done this for one of our project in CRM 4.0, where we had a web application and we hosted this application on local server port 2525 which is known as local server for offline clients. 

Please refer: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd393301(v=crm.6).aspx 

You can try the same for 2011.

Microsoft Dynamics CRM Training|Our Blog | Follow US | Our Facebook Page | Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Application Design
    Make sure to "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer",if you get answer of your question.

Wednesday, April 8, 2015 2:44 PM
  • Thanks but what I have learnt is that in CRM 2011 ISV folder has been deprecated.

Friday, April 10, 2015 9:41 AM