Feature request - unlock account from the console. RRS feed

• Question

• For some reason (probably my attempt to log into the account over the web with the correct password) one of my user accounts got locked out. When trying to connect to the shares the user is prompted with "The referenced account is currently locked out and may not be logged on to."

There is no admin interface within the console option to unlock the account and all looks good in the console. It's only if you rdp into the server and go to Users that you see the account is locked. For non-techs - this is going to be a showstopper. The user account interface should have an option to unlock a locked account AND show that the account is locked.
    Friday, June 15, 2007 12:51 PM

All replies

• I'd never locked out an account, but I have to agree, the status should be flagged on the console so that it can be unlocked from there.

Gordon

Friday, June 15, 2007 1:27 PM
  • I tried to lock myself out and couldn't do it.  Even went in and changed the lockout couter to lock out at 3 incorrect login attempts from the default value of 50.  In the Security Console. 

No Dice..  Of course I suppose Home Server may not be wired into the normal Windows Server policies.  If it is governed by this policy, it would clear itself after 30 minutes.  Maybe they could handle it the same way in Home Server and put a selectable flag by the username on the User Accounts tab of the server console.

Saturday, June 16, 2007 1:19 AM
  • I'm not really sure how it happened either. I know i was trying to get in over the web, but that was the previous day so a 30 min lockout should have got reset. I *think* it may be because my windows login on a home pc was not the same password as the account I gave on the whs box.
    Sunday, June 17, 2007 9:22 PM