CRM 2013 Default Security Roles on Forms RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a CRM 2013 RC1 dev environment. When I create a new Form for any Entity or use an existing Form that is enabled for all Security Roles and then Save As, the new Form always defaults to only giving permissions to System Customizer and System Administrator.

Does anyone else have this behaviour? Can it be changed? As it is now, I have to meticulously remember to enable all Security Roles before I push to the Test environment.

Cheers,

Alan

Sunday, February 23, 2014 10:31 PM

All replies

• Hi Alan,

This is just the way it works and I don't think it's configurable. You could add it as a product suggestion at https://connect.microsoft.com/ however, I suspect for each positive vote you get, you'll also get a negative. I'd say in the majority of projects, multiple forms are employed where you have sets of users who need to see things in a different way compared to other users so each form is locked to a specific security role or selection of roles. The last thing the customiser would want in this scenario is for all users to suddenly have multiple forms available because they forgot to restrict a new form.

Defaulting to only display for the system admin/system customizer was probably the course of least disruption from the Microsoft design team's perspective.

Rob

MCTS. GAP Consulting Ltd. Microsoft Community Contributor Award 2011 & 2013

• Proposed as answer by Rob Boyers Monday, February 24, 2014 9:24 PM
    Monday, February 24, 2014 9:24 PM