Merge Cases RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am looking for some suggestions on how to move forward with this.

We are going to use 'Merge Cases' functionality that is available for Case entity(we've modified Case entity to 'Calls' entity).

When parent and child calls were merged, all the notes associated to the child calls are copied into parent call. That is fine.

Also, child calls has activity records with 'open' and 'complete' statuses. These activity records will not be copied into parent call as per requirement.

But activity records status should be changed to 'Canceled' from 'Open' when merged. How can we do this?

Monday, October 27, 2014 8:54 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Assuming you are using either CRMOnline or have deployed SP1 to an onpremise deployment, you could write a plugin that is triggered on the merge message on the incident (case) that cancels associated open activities.

Rob

MCTS. GAP Consulting Ltd. Microsoft Community Contributor Award 2011 & 2013

• Proposed as answer by Rob Boyers Monday, October 27, 2014 9:43 PM
    Monday, October 27, 2014 9:43 PM
  • I am using CRM On Premise with SP1 UR1 installed. Yes, I am thinking of writing a plugin too but I didn't knew a plugin can be triggered on the merge message.

Could you please provide an example link or article that describes this scenario? Thanks

Tuesday, October 28, 2014 12:20 PM
  • Hi,

If you look at the CRM2013 SDK there's an Excel doc called 'Message-entity support for plug-ins' which lists all the messages you can trigger your plugins from.

Rob

MCTS. GAP Consulting Ltd. Microsoft Community Contributor Award 2011 & 2013

Tuesday, October 28, 2014 7:13 PM