Unblocking programs RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I blocked a program, since it said it was unidentified but now I need that program to be allowed, how do I go into One care and unblock it??

Thank you

Martina
    Wednesday, September 24, 2008 10:35 PM

Answers

• Open OneCare and click on “Change settings” in the sidebar. Then click on “Advanced settings” in the Firewall tab. Change the option for the program to “Allow”.

GreginMich

Wednesday, September 24, 2008 11:51 PM

All replies

• Open OneCare and click on “Change settings” in the sidebar. Then click on “Advanced settings” in the Firewall tab. Change the option for the program to “Allow”.

GreginMich

Wednesday, September 24, 2008 11:51 PM
  • thank you, that hasn't been working because it  the program has been allowed but each time I go to download a song from it, vista denies it. Well i think.....do you know any resolutions?
    Thursday, September 25, 2008 12:01 AM
  • I've moved your post to the Firewall topic folder of the forum.

If you turn off the OneCare firewall, can you download the file?

What exact program are you using? If it is a peer to peer file sharing program, it may be blocked outright or you may need to configure the firewall for specific ports. Contact support for the program you are using for information on port settings. If you then need help configuring this in OneCare, please contact OneCare support.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Thursday, September 25, 2008 4:00 PM