CRM History RRS feed

• Question

• We are using CRM 4.0 Update 3 and have noticed that some of the sales employees can see the owner of the companys email and other manangement email in the CRM History.  Of course these emails have been tracked and they are placed in the contact history.  What permission do I need to give or take away that will not allow some employees to view the history of others and only there own. 

Thanks in advance
    Len
    Tuesday, May 12, 2009 7:30 PM

Answers

• Hi,

You will need to adjust the security settings for relevant roles for ACTIVITY in second tab in the security role module for your relevant security role.

Morten
    Tuesday, May 12, 2009 7:55 PM
  • Hi,

Difference between History or Activity is just if the activity is closed or not. E-mail is by default closed(history), while appointment, task and phone call needs to be "saved as completed" (task and phone call can be closed from outlook, while appointment MUSt be closed from CRM since there is no completed option for an appointment) to be moved from activity to history folder.

So, it is not possible to diffrentiate on the status (i.e. contextual data). You would have to apply a security role that goes with both.

Sorry about that mate.

Morten
    Tuesday, May 12, 2009 8:11 PM

All replies

• Hi,

You will need to adjust the security settings for relevant roles for ACTIVITY in second tab in the security role module for your relevant security role.

Morten
    Tuesday, May 12, 2009 7:55 PM
  • Hi Morten,

Thanks for replying.  I am in the particular Role and in the Core Records  Tab there is the Activitiy Entity.  I can allow read only for the owner of the activities records but only concerned about History and not Activities.  I dont mind if the users see each others activities I just dont want the users to see others history.  I dont know if this can be done. 

Thanks again
    Len
    Tuesday, May 12, 2009 8:07 PM
  • Hi,

Difference between History or Activity is just if the activity is closed or not. E-mail is by default closed(history), while appointment, task and phone call needs to be "saved as completed" (task and phone call can be closed from outlook, while appointment MUSt be closed from CRM since there is no completed option for an appointment) to be moved from activity to history folder.

So, it is not possible to diffrentiate on the status (i.e. contextual data). You would have to apply a security role that goes with both.

Sorry about that mate.

Morten
    Tuesday, May 12, 2009 8:11 PM
  • Thanks Morten.  No Biggie.

Len
    Tuesday, May 12, 2009 8:29 PM